“A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” – Gael Attal

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Attending Vic Uni.

Let me begin by saying I'm in Wellington attending Victoria University, not going to college. (college here means high school). Very rarely is it called University either, but usually always Uni. Vic Uni. To farther clarify, I am not taking classes at Uni, but instead they are called papers. I am also a third year here not a junior.  New Zealand sentence: "She's acting like a first year on uni and can't find her papers."
View from the library windows
Aside from the technical terms, attending Victoria University at Wellington is very similar to CU Boulder. I have four lectures and four tutorials (recitations), and have similar piles of reading and essays (not papers) to write. The classes are awesomely interesting and the campus is easy to get involved in! Did I mention the view....

No comments:

Post a Comment